American Civil Liberties Union is dedicated to ensuring that our nation’s prisons, jails, and other places of detention comply with the Constitution, domestic law, and international human rights principles.
a non-profit, membership organization that is part of a national effort to reduce crime through criminal justice reform.
- American Friends Service Committee
Quaker Organization that includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service.
- Amnesty International
a global movement of people fighting injustice and promoting human rights.
- Black and Pink
an open family of LGBTQ prisoners and “free world” allies who support each other. Find out about Pen Pals, news reports and a blog by founder Jason Lydon.
Families against Mandatory Minimums is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization fighting for fair and proportionate sentencing laws.
- Federal Cure
the world’s leading advocate for America’s ever growing federal inmate population.
is the oldest and largest organization in the U.S. focused on children and families of the incarcerated and programs that serve them.
- Hepatitis Prison Coalition
organizations and individuals interested in raising awareness and providing support to prisoners who are suffering from hepatitis C.
- Lost Vault
a resource for those lost in prisons worldwide, includes forums and newsletters and links.
- National Cure
Citizens United for Rehabilitation of Errant’s. Prisons should be used only for those who absolutely must be incarcerated and if incarcerated should have all of the resources they need to turn their lives around.
- Prison Activist Resource Center
a prison abolitionist group committed to exposing and challenging the institutionalized racism, sexism, classism of the prison industrial complex.
- Prison Legal News
provide reviews and news stories on prison issues and prisoners rights, they also publish a monthly newsletter that can be sent to inmates.
- Prisoner Solidarity
publishes updated research, news, opinion pieces and educational material from activists, writers, prisoners, and the concerned public.
- Stop Prison Abuse
sign this petition, urging Congress to exercise its authority to investigate the abuse and neglect (physical, psychological, and medical) of prisoners.
- Carcel State Blog- blog site on criminal justice issues, including prison reform and new articles.
- Criminal Justice Forum- Providing assistance to those dealing with the criminal justice system.
- PrisonTalk Online- provides a number of useful forum discussion boards on everything prison and corrections related.
- Prison Planet Forum- discussion boards about prisons and jails for an educational and library purpose.
- Prison Valley Forums- forum to discuss prison and what you know and debate with others.
- An End to Silence- a project that is committed to eliminating sexual abuse for individuals in custodial settings.
- Just Detention International- is a health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual abuse in all forms of detention.
- NPREC- National Prison Rape Elimination Commission- a bipartisan commission created by Congress to studying federal, state, and local government policies and practices related to the prevention, detection, response of sexual abuse in prisons.
- Prison Rape Elimination Act- informs you about the law passed by Congress in 2003 addressing the sexual assault of prisoners.
- Vera Institute of Justice- making justice systems fairer and more effective through research and innovation.
- Books to Inmates- dedicated to serving people in jails, prisons, correctional facilities
- Federal Prison- a book written by a former federal inmate to help prepare you and help teach you how to survive in federal prison.
- Goodie Magazines- send single magazines to inmate across the country
- Inmate Magazines- carry approximately 2000 magazines and over 1500 newspapers
- Magazines for Inmates- over 10 experience shipping to jails and prisons
- Sure shot books- send books, magazines, and greeting cards to your loved ones.
- Florida Prison Ministries- teach members how to minister to inmate and their families with training and printed materials and support from the church and conferences.
- Focus Group Ministries- our mission is to help inmates and their families to know Jesus as their Savior, and to help ex-offenders to transition back into society.
- International Network of Prison Ministries- you can locate a ministry to request literature, bible study courses or simply request prayer support.
- Institute for Prison Ministries- serve as a Christian Correctional Training and Resource Center.
- Kairos Prison Ministry International- operates ministry programs in 350 prisons in 31 states in the United States.
- Prison Fellowship- to seek the transformation of prisoners and their reconciliation to God, family and community through the power and thru of Jesus Christ.
- The Lionheart Foundation- gives inmates a powerful program to help them change life-long patterns of violence and addiction and build productive lives.